Dear visitor, welcome. Glad you’ve landed here among all other places.
I must confess I can’t afford the illusion of grandeur required to write my intro in third person. Colleagues and acquaintances call me Syed; family and friends call me Priom. INFJ.
I’m a data engineer by profession. Currently I am working as a senior data technologist at JLL. Software Engineering in the past involved interaction between engineers and machines. At present it involves engineers interacting with machines and also various stakeholders. Software Engineering is a social activity now, instead of only an engineering discipline. The world runs on software in a massive scale. Today good communication and client focused problem solving mindset are as important as technical prowess.
On this website you can access my photography collection. I fell in love with Photography because it opened the window to a new world for me. I could describe things I see from my own perspective and communicate perhaps a more important meaning through the world that I perceive. A photograph is not about the objective view of something – I would call that an image. A photograph on the other hand must convey a message to viewers.
Although I am by profession a software engineer, this website is less about software and data, and more focused on my practice of Photography and Philosophy. I’m curious about uncomfortable questions we face as humans. “What is Freedom?”, “How to live?”, “Why are we here?” – we must continuously revisit these questions in the context of our time, reality.
Feel free to poke around and write to me if you have any question.
- 2005: Bangla Academy award in national extempore speech competition.
- 2006: Obtained Bangladesh govt scholarship for HSC studies.
- 2007: Appointed as College Elder of Dhaka Residential Model College.
- 2008: Obtained OIC scholarship for undergraduate studies.
- 2009: Featured in “Rhymes of the Young Souls” photo exhibition in Dhaka.
- 2009: Voted Bangladesh Photographers’ Photographer of the Month, April.
- 2009: Awarded IUT Photograph of the Year.
- 2009: Contributed to Datum study “A microcosm of Technical Assistance”.
- 2009: Cover photo of May 2nd issue of Star Campus Magazine.
- 2010: Featured in “60 Shots” photo exhibition in Dhaka.
- 2010: Featured in “Bangladesh In Frames II” photo exhibition in Dhaka.
- 2010: Featured photo of the day in The Daily Star newspaper.
- 2010: Technical report published in IUT ICT Fest 2010.
- 2011: Elected as president of IUT Photography Society.
- 2011: The first ever photography exhibition of IUTPS takes place in Dhaka.
- 2011: Obtained BSc. in Computer Science and Information Technology.
- 2012: Lead software engineer in a project to revamp bdnews24.com.
- 2013: bdnews.com ranks top among Bangladeshi websites in Google ranking.
- 2014: Enrolled into MEng in Software Engineering program.
- 2015: Joined Concordia University as Graduate Teaching Assistant.
- 2016: Obtained MEng. in Software Engineering.
- 2017: Joined Stradigi AI Inc. as a Software Developer.
- 2018: Inducted into Concordia University Golden Key Society.
- 2019: Launched mufc7.com.
- 2020: Obtained Microsoft Azure Data Engineering certification.
- 2021: Joined AlayaCare Inc. as Data Specialist.
- 2021: Launched syedpriom.com.
- 2022: Joined JLL as a Senior Data Technologist.
- 2022: Obtained Canadian citizenship.
An Enhanced Nonlinear Adaptive Filtering Technique for Removing High Density Salt-and-Pepper Noise, International Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 38, no. 11, 2012. [permalink]
An Enhanced Decision Based Adaptive Filtering Technique to Remove Salt-and-Pepper Noise in Digital Images, Intl. Conference of Computer Science and Information Technology, issue 14, pp 428–433, 2011. [permalink]
An Improved Adaptive Filtering Technique to Remove High Density Salt-and-Pepper Noise Using Multiple Last Processed Pixels, Global Journal of Computer Science and Technology, issue 14, 2012. [permalink]